Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Vineyard Coley Lineage

Polly A Vineyard married William E Coley Oct 25th 1860 (almost 151 years ago this year 2011) and just about 8 months after her father death. Polly Vineyard owned/inherited 15 acres on Red Hill and brought the Coleys to Red Hill in 1860. Polly Vineyard and William E Coley had several children. One of their children was James Lawrence b. 1866 d. 1940 and married Katherine Reed. James and Katherine had 10 children (one was Issac Coley) and they lived on the hill above the Issac Grady home or by the Coley cemetery.

1 comment:

  1. Good Morning! I found your blog many years ago as I was researching the Vineyard line. I am a descendant of Edna C Vineyard, your Polly's sister. Edna married Ira Quillin. I have since started my own blog with all the genealogical research that I have done. Today I started posting my documentation of the Vineyards. As I dug deeper, I realized that your Polly's grandson, Isaac Grady Coley born 1891 married back into the Quillin family. He married Anna Elizabeth Quillin. Anna was the daughter of Martin Bird Quillin b 1818. Martin was my Ira's much older brother. So hello, cousin! BTW...your photography is phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete